(I was almost 2 years old here.)
Since I'm getting ready to embark on a new decade of my life, I thought it would be fun to reminisce about the four previous ones.
Here are 10 random memories from my first decade of life:
1. I broke the same leg twice when I was only 2 years old...once when I was mushroom hunting and once when my cousin was carrying me and fell.
2. When my cousin, Jeni, and I were 4 or 5, we got locked in the bathroom at our house. I remember my Uncle Vernon having to take the door down to get us out!
3. I got saved in a small country Holiness church in Redmon, Illinois, when I was 5. My daddy was the preacher there for a while.
4. We lived next to railroad tracks when we lived in Redmon. I remember the men on the caboose would throw candy to us as we watched the train go by.
5. We had foster brothers & sisters. Our favorite was Jeremy…he lived with us for about a year until we moved to Texas.
6. I still remember my address & phone number to our house in Paris, Illinois…714Water Street, Paris, IL 61944, 465-5552. Why do I still remember this???
7. I don’t remember anything about 1st grade.
8. I got my first B in Ms. Witcher’s class in 2nd grade…it scarred me for life!
9. Our family moved to Nash, Texas, when I was 8. It took me a long time to learn to say “y’all” and I still can’t make myself say “fixin.”
10. Christmas Day at Grandma’s house was always the best! I loved being with all my relatives!
(I think I was about 5 in this picture.)
There you go...a few memories from my 1st decade...onto the 2nd decade tomorrow...and perhaps some wonderful 80's hairdo's!